Grow Your Consultancy Leading With Quality and Values
Strategic and Practical Webinars on How to Grow Your Consultancy
Why use Inspired Indie? Who are you?
Phase 1 - Startup to 30 consultants
- Co-founded a Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse consultancy;
- Grew it to 30+ consultants;
- Primarily blue-chip client base such as Lloyds, Mothercare, Debenhams and Yell.
- Merged into a larger Business and Technology consultancy, in which I took a shareholding stake.
Phase 2 - Communities of Practice
- Took on a board role in merged consultancy to develop our Intellectual Capital;
- Created communities of practice and community days, which significantly increased knowledge sharing and capability development, and became a major cultural attractor.
Phase 3 - Growing to 200 Consultants
- As part owner and board director, took over a team of 60 consultants, our largest, in a turnaround scenario;
- Leading with a set of principles focussed on developing our team to become world class, I put in place a structure and practices that reduced consultant churn (i.e. the % leaving us every year) from a disastrous 40% to an industry leading 6%;
- Grew the practice to over 200 consultants, started a practice in India, recruited a support team, recruited a recruiter to overhaul recruitment (too many 'recruits' in that sentence?);
- Made us a destination employer so we no longer needed any external recruitment while we grew from 60 to over 200 consultants, and saving well over £1 million in recruitment fees;
- Created an environment where we achieved recognition (ranked 4th Full Services Agency in Europe by Forrester), challenged and grew the best consultants, and (nearly) all enjoyed the ride;
- Created a children's charity alongside, and aligned our consultancy's fundraising efforts to it with fun events put on by our operations team.
Phase 4 - Acquired for £42M
- Board member and part owner when we were acquired for £42 Million ($84 Million at the time) to kick-start a consulting practice across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Took on the entire EMEA consulting team of nearly 500 ranging from UK to South Africa, Spain to the Middle East;
- Grew and started practices in new territories;
- Left to go back to independent companies where the values were more aligned with my own beliefs.
Phase 5 - Helping Other Consultancies
- Founded Inspired Indie to help growing independent businesses with a focus on values;
- The emphasis is on achieving growth, but aligning this with the founders' values. Using growth and values to reinforce each other, rather than in opposition.
- Started working with consultancies, the businesses that are closest to my heart and experience.