If you're looking for a voice of experience to discuss tough choices, get out of a rut, exploit a new opportunity, make a change, figure out why profitability isn't where it should be, bounce around how to deal with a challenging contractor, discuss why your best consultants are leaving, why there's a project quality issue, why there's still too much dependency on your "start consultant" (or founder) to dive in and rescue a project, why clients aren't retaining you even though you've done a great job, or any other myriad of issues and opportunities that are involved in running and growing a tech consulting business, then this may well be the best option for you.
I work directly with the boards of a handful of client consultancies and agencies to help them grow and build scale, and to do it in a values-led way. I'll schedule a regular day every month with your board to dive into specific topics, and make myself available in between for phone and email (within reason!) to help on things that may be more pressing.
Although each engagement is defined according to your needs, the emphasis has tended to be on:
- Creating strategies, and actually finding ways to achieve them rather than leaving them as "hope";
- Creating supporting structures and processes to scale the business;
- Troubleshooting, discussing exits, rediscovering the mojo, getting clarity on direction, and other small questions!
The goal is to create a business that is sustainable, ready for profitable growth, and values-centred. Consultancies and agencies I've worked with, ranging from a turnover of around £1 million to £5 million, have all gained from a clearer strategy, a mechanism for turning that strategy into goals and action, and all while growing rapidly and driving their values through the organisation, in one instance doubling within 12 months.
I only do this work with a handful of organisations. The decision whether to do it or not depends on available time, and the following criteria:
- a demonstrable commitment to take action;
- a demonstrable commitment to lead with values;
- turnover over £1.5 m (smaller than this, and the service would be too expensive to make sense);
- that we simply get on with each other.
it's essential to talk at the start to see if we are a fit for each other before any kind of commitment. Get in touch with the form above if you're interested, and we'll call you for a chat.